Saturday, January 3, 2009

God is a total mystery, so generous, so forgiving, so awesome and deserving of all of our hearts.

Wow

I am sitting here now and was just looking for the song "Call Me Beautiful" so that I could add it to this blog. I decided to look for songs by one of my favorite worship leaders, Travis Cottrell. I saw a song that I had never heard of and decided to listen to it.

I can't explain what is happening now but I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face and worshipping my incredible God. The One I so do not deserve but am eternally grateful for. You have to understand....I have had a hardened heart towards Him for a while now. Confused and bewildered and unwilling to walk with Him by faith. Wow this is what healing feels like. If you give your whole heart to Him I promise He is worthy of it. I haven't been able to worship like this for months.

Please read the words below and know that the God of the universe loves you and if you are already His, He renamed you and made you His....AWESOME. If you are not His, I beg you to cry out to our awesome God. He loves you and knows your name, knows your secrets, knows your deepest and LOVES you. The song below could be true of you too just cry out to Him.

"Who I am is a mystery
I can't explain
cause your mercy fell like healing rain
and washed away my past
Who I was
all my secrets
all my hidden pain
now your grace has broke every chain
and set me free at last
who I was before doesn't matter anymore

You changed my name
You called me forgiven
You changed my name when you called me redeemed
You took my shame
and wrote a new beginning
to the story I was living and I'll never be the same
You saw what I could be
and reaching out for me
You changed my name
You changed my name

Now I live in the light of your redeeming love
and I bear the marks your healing touch has written on my heart
with each step I take I'm reminded of the price you paid
and the living sacrifice you made to set my soul apart
my life is yours alone
You have marked me as your own

I'm not the man I once was behold all things are new because you changed my name
New"
by Travis Cottrell


So even though I declared my theme song to be "Call Me Beautiful," I am changing my mind already. I want to learn over the next year to walk in the truth that God changed my name and I am forgive and redeemed and loved beyond all measure. I am not the same that I once was before He changed and I will worship Him for that always.

No comments:

Post a Comment